We're lucky to call Byron Bay home. The waves here vary for every skill set and we are home to some of the best surfers in the world, which means the surf schools here will be led by top tier surfers! There are a number of surf schools that cater to beginners.
Some of the best surf schools in Byron Bay include:
- Let's Go Surfing: This surf school has been established for over 15 years, it offers a variety of surf lessons and packages, like a 6 week progression course for intermediate surfers looking to improve their skills. They also offer lessons in less crowded beaches of nearby Ballina.
- Mojo Surf School: This well know surf school offers a 3-4 hour Surf Adventure (includes return travel to and from Byron Bay, ocean safety, warm up, surf lesson, and time in water). Small groups, uncrowded perfect waves, great selection of beautiful beaches (from Lennox Head to Ballina). To progress further with your surfing, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Progressive Lesson packages are also available.
- Byron Bay Surf School: This surf school is ran by Jayme Edwards who has been involved with surf schools and surf coaching since 1994. Byron Bay Surf School is licensed to teach at all of the local beaches surrounding Byron Bay. All of their coaches are also highly experienced and are affiliated with Surfing Australia.
- Soul Surf School: Has a variety of surf packages that cater to all levels of surfers, including private, semi-private and group lessons. They even have surf and stay packages in Byron Bay with dorm rooms or private rooms available.
- Blackdog Surf School: This surf school is known for its experienced instructors. The founder, Dean Johnston has many years of surf experience including; competing, judging and coaching.
Surfing means you cop a lot of sun, so make sure to slip, slop, slap. Don't forget to protect yourself from sun damage with a surf hat! We offer free local delivery and can deliver our printed surf hats to your accommodation – same day! Just use your accomodation's address at checkout and we'll deliver it by the end of the day.*